IAble accounts make it possible for Eligible Individuals with disabilities and their support system to save and invest money while maintaining federal means-tested benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid and more. Earnings and withdrawals are tax-free if they are spent on a broad range of Qualified Disability Expenses including housing, health and wellness, education and training, therapy, basic living expenses and more.
- IAble Account Owners who receive SSI benefits can exceed the $2,000 asset cap without losing benefits
- High-quality Investment Options that fit goals and comfort levels
- Popular Checking Account Option with a debit card
- Great tax benefits, including a state income tax deduction for any Iowa taxpayer contributing to an Account
IAble Accounts solve a long-time predicament that many people with disabilities face – how to build financial wellness without risking much-needed federal government benefits.
More Information About IAble
- Eligibility Quiz: Not sure if you or a loved one are eligible to open an IAble account? Our Eligibility Quiz can help guide you.
- New Account Checklist (PDF): See what information and items you may need to open an Account for yourself or on behalf of an Eligible Individual.
- IAble Fact Sheet (PDF): See the facts and figures that help make up IAble. The fact sheet includes total assets, total accounts, average account size and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Check out our FAQ page to learn even more about IAble.
- IAble Newsletter: Sign up for our quarterly IAble newsletter to stay up to date with the latest information from the Plan.
- Speaker Request Form: Are you interested in having an IAble speaker at your event? Fill out our speaker request form and a member of the Treasurer's Office staff will be in touch.
- SNAP and IAble Accounts Fact Sheet (PDF): Learn about the treatment of IAble accounts for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligibility.