My staff and I would like to wish you and yours a very happy and healthy new year. With 2016 coming to an end, we reflect on the progress we made this past year and look forward to the successes of next. Here’s some of what we accomplished in 2016:
- Received more than $331 million in College Savings Iowa account contributions and had over 6,300 new accounts opened over the last 12 months.
- Rolled out a new Great Iowa Treasure Hunt website that allows claimants to initiate and submit claims online, upload their documentation directly to our secure site and even track the status of their claims.
- Received affirmation of Iowa’s AAA credit rating, making us one of only twelve states to have AAA from all three major rating agencies.
- Saved Iowa taxpayers $45 million by refinancing the I-JOBS and Fort Madison Prison bonds.
- Invested over $416 million in Iowa’s banks through our Invest in Iowa program.
- Introduced legislation that would offer Iowa’s small business workers retirement savings plans through their employers. This legislation would help combat the looming retirement savings crisis facing our country and the state of Iowa.
We are excited to build upon these accomplishments as we move into 2017, and would like to thank you for your continued interest and support.
Michael L. Fitzgerald