Since 1998, State Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald has been helping Iowans save for higher education and earn tax breaks at the same time. College Savings Iowa was created in 1998 as Iowa's first 529 Plan. It is sold directly to Iowans and people across the country. In 2006, Iowa introduced the Iowa Advisor 529 Plan. This plan is sold through financial planners. While each plan differs in the investment choices and the method of distribution, both plans share the same goal - get people saving for higher education.
Learn More About Saving for Education
- Request a speaker for your event by completing the Speaker Request form
- See how Iowans are saving throughout the state by visiting our Interactive Map
- Check out the College Savings Iowa Fact Sheet to see total assets, total accounts, amount that's been withdrawn to pay for higher education and more
- Learn about using Iowa's 529 plans in regards to K-12 tuition in the K-12 Fact Sheet for Iowans
- Keep up-to-date on the recent legislation changes in regards to apprenticeship expenses and loan repayments by reading our SECURE Act Fact Sheet