College Savings Month in September is the perfect time to take stock of how far you've come in saving for higher education and to make sure you're on track to meet your financial goal. Consider celebrating College Savings Month by increasing your College Savings Iowa account contributions or making an extra contribution. A small increase now could make a big difference when your child is ready to start college.
This is also a great time to tell others about the importance of saving for a child's education. As an experienced college saver, you can help a family member or friend better understand the benefits a 529 plan offers. College Savings Iowa lets you:
- Save for anyone - child, grandchild or friend.
- Take advantage of tax breaks.*
- Open an account with as little as $25.
- Maintain control of your account.
- Use the account to pay for any eligible higher-education institution in the United States and abroad.
*The availability of tax and other benefits may be contingent on meeting other requirements.